Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hello, World! I'm back!




I've been in a cave for the last several months, hard at work on a children's book that went to the printers today!!! I'm now breathing a bit easier and am relieved to have all of that work behind me. The project has been very challenging, but through the process of making each new illustration, I feel I've improved and learned a lot.

The book is called The Governor's Mouse. It is a tour of the Residence led by a charismatic (and artistic) mouse named Herb. It is a fundraising book for the 1006 Summit Avenue Society. All the proceeds from the sales of the book will be put toward preserving the Governor's Residence. The author, Kristin Parrish, is a member and past president of the Society. The book will be available this December, and Kristin and I will be signing the book at the Holiday tours of the Residence.

The attached illustration is the final end sheet. The end sheet at the beginning of the book is just the pattern, no Herb. And that is actually the pattern of the sofa in the Great Room of the Residence! Amazing!









No comments:

Post a Comment